In this Baked Salmon recipe, the fish is marinated and glazed in a sweet and tangy Asian inspired sauce. Serve it with white or brown rice and steamed veggies. It’s really protein and vitamin packed weeknight meal!
- Grease a large rimmed baking dish (cover with foil and then grease for easier clean-up). Position it in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400-450˚F.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger and stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place individual salmon filet in a mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the salmon filet, cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 20 minutes in a frige.
Transfer salmon filet to prepared baking sheet (keep the marinade). Bake at 400-450˚F for 12-16 min or until salmon is flaky and cooked through. Baking time may vary by thickness of salmon slices.
- While salmon is baking, transfer remaining marinade to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened (3-4 min) then remove from heat.
- Once salmon is out of the oven, top the salmon with remaining teriyaki mixture, then sprinkle with chopped green onion and sesame seeds as desired.