In order to prepare the muscles and not to get injured, try to complicate the training gradually and perform exercises with extra weight to make them more effective. In this article, we will tell you about the 5 most effective ab workouts that you can do at home or in the gym.
Many people hate exercise for abs, but we know that they are very effective, if not give up and do them regularly. The most effective exercises for abs are those you do regularly.
The goal is to do at least 3 series of abs exercises every week, leaving yourself 1 day of rest after each workout so that the muscles can recover. Otherwise, you just overload the muscles and not achieve the desired effect. We have found for you some exercises for abs.
This is one of the best exercises for sculpting muscles. You can do it at home without problems because it is very simple to perform.
- Lie on your back on the rug and bend your knees.
- Put your feet on the floor and spread them to the width of your hips.
- Place your hands behind your head or just cross them over the chest.
- Tear off the upper body from the rug while exhaling and sink to the floor on inhalation.
Try to keep your lower back pressed in toward the floor and keep your lower abs pulled in toward your spine. You should keep your abs engaged this way throughout the exercise.
Do seven sets of 10 reps.
2. Vertical Scissors
In this exercise, abdominal muscles also work, although they are not directly involved.
- Lie on the rug on your back and stretch your legs.
- Put your hands on your hips.
- Raise and lower your legs in turn, without bending, as if it is a pair of scissors.
This exercise helps to work out different muscle groups: the front and oblique muscles of abdomen. Also, when doing this exercise, you strain your hamstrings, quadriceps and gluteal muscles.
Do 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
This simple exercise helps to quickly strengthen the abdominal muscles. In addition, it also contributes to better coordination.
- Lie on your back, stretch your legs and connect your hands behind your head.
- Bend the right knee and press it to the stomach, and then lift the body and touch the right knee with the left elbow.
- The left leg remains elongated and the body moves diagonally.
- Lower the right leg and repeat the exercise on the left side with the right elbow and the left knee.
Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions on each side.
4. Rock Climbing
These exercises involve several groups of muscles on the stomach and allow you to burn more calories than other series of exercises.
- Put your hands and feet on the floor. Bend your back.
- Put your right knee to your chest, as if you are climbing a mountain, and return to the starting position.
- Repeat all the same with the left foot.
Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
Another great exercise for the muscles of the abs, which has gained great popularity in recent years.
Plank exercise is often done in yoga and pilates classes, and it is great for strengthening the abdominal muscles. The goal is to stay in this position for as long as possible.
- Get into push up position on the floor.
- Now bend your elbows 90° and rest your weight on your forearms. Your elbows must be directly beneath your shoulders, and your body must form a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Try to hold the position for 30 seconds for the start and with every exercice try to increase time. With time your goal should be to hold it for three minutes or more, as long as you can.